Saturday, November 10, 2012

Why I'll never lose weight from running

Exhibit A:


Yes, that would be a coke and a bagel... with cream cheese and an extra slab of bacon. For some reason, I always crave a coke after a run. Not diet coke, it has to be a regular coke. And it definitely can't be pepsi, yuck!

And this afternoon I'm going to be baking whoopie pies and making scalloped potatoes (with a little bacon addition, duh) for an early Thanksgiving Feast.

So I guess I'll have to keep running. Balance, it's all about balance. 

And big news.... I GOT INTO THE PHILLY MARATHON! Turns out, the kind folks in the city of brotherly love took every would-be-New-Yorker into their marathon. I was so excited yesterday after finding out I could barely sit still. But I'm also nervous- it will be over a month since my 20 miler, and since I had been tapering for the NY marathon (and Sandy wrecked running that week), I hadn't been running as much as I would have if Philly was my original marathon. 

I decided to run 14 today to calm my nerves and get over the half-way hump. It didn't start out so great, but I felt pretty decent at the end. I ended up running 15.85... to my favorite bagel place, which ended up being closed. Boo! Luckily, this is NY so there are hundreds of bagel places within walking distance... we'll see how this one stacks up.

Off to test the new bagel and enjoy my coke! Do you crave anything weird after you run?

Run Stats: Out the door at 9:30, 2 Loops In Central Park, 15.85 miles, 2:31:54, 9:35 pace

No comments:

Post a Comment