Thursday, November 8, 2012

Stretch It Out

You think when you train for a marathon, you're in shape. Wrong. I went to yoga for the first time in months, and man it was tough. A gentle reminder to take a bit more time to stretch every day!

I also did something crazy today... put my name in the lottery for the Philadelphia Marathon. I probably won't get in, but I was starting to feel like I had jipped myself by not trying to find another marathon to run after training so long. The Philadelphia Marathon opened up a special lottery just for NYC Marathons, so maybe I'll get one of those 3,000 spots!

Seriously, if nothing else, this experience has taught me that runners are pretty great people. Nearly every marathon around the US, from Texas to California to Philadelphia, has made special arrangements for displaced-would-be New Yorkers. Discounted registration, registration proceeds going to the Red Cross, even free registration just by showing your NY bib number. Philadelphia has been sold out, but they decided to open up space--- hopefully I'm lucky enough to get in 2 marathons with 2 different lotteries! Not holding my breath, but it would be great!

Now for a fun street shot... seriously, only in NYC:


Run Stats: No run, just yoga today.

No comments:

Post a Comment