Saturday, December 1, 2012

A Rough Start

My sweet boy gave me the most wonderful birthday present....


A GARMIN! And not just any Garmin, but the best one they make- the Forerunner 610. It's a touchscreen and probably fancier than my computer. Which made little Garmy and I get off to a rough start. It wouldn't pick up a signal, and was saying I was running an insane pace (like slower than walking). I think it had something to do with being in midtown Manhattan and the cloudy weather, because once I got into Central Park it worked like a charm. I poked around on some blogs, and it looks like I need to update some software... which is terrifying to me since I'm always afraid I'm going to mess something up! Fingers crossed it works. Eeek!

What's really cool about the Garmin is all the stats it gives you:

Mile 1 and half of mile 2 were in midtown Manhattan, as was Mile 8. Fishy, right? But in the park I was cruising ;)

Now off to tackle the software update....

Run stats: Saturday: Central Park, 9.04 miles, 1:25:36/9:28 pace; Run on Thursday: 5.64 miles, 52:47/9:22 pace

No comments:

Post a Comment