Monday, January 21, 2013

A Christmas Gift To Myself

Do you buy Christmas presents for yourself? I decided to buy one for myself this year... mainly because of the stigma attached to the gift.

...

WEIGHTS! ;) My boyfriend told me he considered buying them for me but decided against it because even though I had been asking for them, he didn't want me to think he thought I needed them. (Did you follow that logic? It's like that old wives' tale, 'buy petite, save the receipt.')

I decided to buy a set of light hand weights- I have zero upper body strength, so this set that included 3, 5, and 8 lb weights was perfect starting point. I'd also read good things about the Jillian Michaels DVDs, so I tacked one onto my gift so I'd have an idea of what I was doing. 
My little 'exercise' corner of my room
Whew! Even though the workouts are only 30 minutes, they are tough! Every time I do a workout I think, 'I can run for 12 miles but I can't do pushups for 30 seconds?' It's amazing how a different routine can remind you just how many different muscles are in your body and have you reevaluate your level of fitness!

No comments:

Post a Comment