Sunday, November 24, 2013

The Week In Photos

Serious question: how do bloggers take so many photos of every inane second of their lives? Don't you feel self-conscious and a little silly? Granted, I've never been a big photo taker, but it wasn't until I started reading blogs that I realized just how many pictures other people take.

Long story short... if I only have ~4 pictures of my boyfriend and I (and we've been together for almost 3 years), you probably won't see many original photos on this blog.

That being said, here's a weekly recap with photos stolen from around the web:

1. I got to run on the AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmill at Finish Line PT. It was my first run back since November 10th, and it felt great. I had been feeling lingering pain for the past few weeks, and I was worried that I had fractured my pelvis again. When I talked to the physical therapist at Finish Line, he assured me that it was very unlikely I had another fracture, and that it was probably a mix of muscular + injury phantom pain. We went through some stretches and he analyzed my gait, which is horrible, and I've been feeling much better ever since. Now to find extra money so I can pay out of pocket for MORE physical therapy sessions...


2.  I turned 28. I was oddly unexcited about this birthday, and hadn't planned anything. I told my boyfriend that I wanted to be surprised, but hinted that I really wanted to see the Hunger Games... which happened to open on my birthday. He's a smart boy and listened, so I found myself at an IMAX theater drinking 'juice box' wine on Friday night. And on Saturday, he surprised me by rounding up my closest girlfriends for a birthday brunch. Perfect birthday.


3. Friendsgiving. This is our 3rd year doing friendsgiving, and each year gets better and better. Everyone really upped their game this year when it came to food- and it's so interesting to hear what other people grew up eating at Thanksgiving! For example, I think my family is the only family in America not to have mac and cheese on Thanksgiving. I stuck with a staple: sweet potatoes. But since I like my sweet potatoes on the savory side (and pass on the marshmellow sweet stuff), I made these: Whipped Bourbon Bacon Sweet Potatoes. Definitely a winner.

via
4. For the first time since last Christmas, I'm headed home! Although I've seen my family several times over the past year in my home state (Myrtle Beach 1/2 Marathon +  a summer beach week), I haven't been to my actual home since last Christmas. Crazy, right? So excited to sit by the fireplace, hang out with the puppies, and enjoy Thanksgiving!

Wrong holiday, but an Allie original. Can't wait to see this pup! 
5. My 'long' run this week was 2.2 miles. I was determined to go for a run on my birthday. It was raining out, and I was slow as dirt, but I made it pain free. One lap around the reservoir + 1/2 a mile home... a perfect start to 28!

No comments:

Post a Comment