Friday, November 23, 2012

Give Thanks

This is what old looks like...


27 candles. Yikes! My birthday fell on Thanksgiving this year, so lots to be thankful for on November 22nd! The only thing that was missing was my (twin) sister, who is currently working in Australia- and will be for the next year! (secret- I want to be just like her when I grow up)

Birthday/Thanksgiving was a relaxed day- Mom and I went on a 2 mile run, we sat in front of the fire all day, and drank/ate ourselves silly on Turkey, stuffing, and pecan pie. Plus, Jason was here so I got to introduce him to all of my family traditions!

And today my Dad and brother introduced Jason to another tradition- skeet shooting. Girls weren't allowed, so Mom and I headed to the gym to sweat off some of Thanksgiving Dinner. My hamstring is giving me a little bit of trouble, so I decided to walk on the treadmill and just run 1 mile to see how it felt. Yowza. Lots of ice and stretching followed. I'm going to keep taking it easy with running, and my brother got me yoga classes for my birthday, so I'm going to go on Sunday in the hopes of stretching it out.

I signed up for Jack Rabbit's 'Not Someday... Today!' program this morning. You fill out your long term goal for 2013 (NYC Marathon), and then a short term goal month by month, starting with January. My short term goals for January is to run 20 miles a week and attend at least one group run, by Jack Rabbit or Lululemon. 

What are your 2013 goals?

Run Stats: November 22nd, 2 miles in 19:54; November 23rd: 40 minutes at 4.0 on the treadmill, various intervals, 1 mile run at 9:45 pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment