Thursday, November 15, 2012

Last Run Before Philly

This morning I went on my first run before Philly on Sunday! Really short, and really cold. I followed Hal Higdon's Novice plan religiously (until about 2 weeks ago), and he suggested only doing 2 miles the Thursday before a Sunday race. I ended up doing only about 2.5 miles, but it was a really slow, painful run so I'm feeling a bit scared for Philly.

I know I've put the training in, so over the next few days I'm going to focus on mentally preparing for Sunday, eating well and drinking lots of fluids, and getting lots of rest. And find some warm clothes to wear. Philly starts at 7am in the morning, so it will be very chilly at the start! I did a huge clean out of my closet last year, so I'm not even sure I have throw-away sweats or sweaters... it will be an interesting get-up to be sure.

Deep breaths!

Run stats: Out the door at 8am, East River run, 29:18 min, 2.66 miles, pace... slow and painful

No comments:

Post a Comment