Sunday, January 27, 2013

Pathetic

This is what I looked like most of the week:

Although not this cute.
Pathetic. I got hit hard by a nasty cold- I don't think it was the flu, but it knocked me on my tushie for a solid week. Headache, body ache, runny nose, sore throat... not fun. I learned mucinex was a wonder drug, learned to love tea, and spent most of the week planted firmly on my couch, working from home and watching Gilmore Girls.  

Which meant no running... just the thought of it made me tired. I was feeling better on Saturday, but instead of jump headfirst into things (my boyfriend jokingly suggested I run a casual 20 miles to make my weekly goal), I ran an easy 6 miles in the comfort of the gym. No running outside in the cold quite yet for this girl!

I'm going to play this week by ear based on how I'm feeling... no need to rush back just to get sick again! Especially since the Myrtle Beach 1/2 is 3 weeks!

To end on a humorous note, when I did go into the office I found this little pile of gummy bears hilarious: 

A health-conscious gummy bear fairy
Total miles this week: 6!


No comments:

Post a Comment