Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Lululemon Debacle


By now you've probably heard about the Lululemon yoga pants debacle- a recent shipment of pants made with Luon (wonder under's, etc) were found to be 'too sheer.' Uh oh, someone's getting an extra view during downward dog!

But seriously, it's a huge issue for the company- besides resulting in a shortage of pants in their stores, their stock has taken a major dive and so has their reputation. For a company who bills itself as the quality place to buy running and yoga gear (and also bills top dollar for it), they're drawing negative criticism from every angle for this lack of quality issue.

Head to toe Lulu
I'd like to say I'm in the 'Argh! I'm never buying Lululemon again!' camp, but it would be a lie. Of all the workout gear I've tried, Lululemon wins in quality, hands down. Last summer I wore the same tank for every single long run, and it never chafed once and still looks brand new after weekly washing. It was expensive, but worth every penny. I don't belong to a fancy gym, I don't go to workout classes that cost $30 a pop, but I do love Lululemon.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to find another brand that didn't cost as much- but when buying for quality, not quantity, nothing seems to measure up. I've been thinking about trying the new web-only retailer Ellie, a brand who claims to have the same quality as Lululemon but for half the price- has anyone tried them? Web-only scares me a bit since you can't try anything on, but if their clothes really are as good as Lululemon I'd be willing to make the switch!

Will you stick with team Lulu or go elsewhere?

No comments:

Post a Comment