Sunday, March 17, 2013

Perspective

It's no secret I've been sad and mopey all week. I'm still not running, and can't yet walk without pain. But with some tough love from my boyfriend, I realized it's time to stop moping. I'm going to the doctor tomorrow to figure out what's going on, and I can't do anything from now until then that will make my injury go away. Worrying about when I'll run again or if it really is some of the awful things I've diagnosed myself with (thanks, Internet) over the past week is only going to make me more anxious, not cure me.


So it's time to start focusing on the positive things that have been going on lately- no matter how big or small, 10 good things from the past week!

1. As of right now, there is no reason why I can't run the NYC Marathon! And that's the ultimate goal (and why I started this little blog)

2. Got some pretty stellar job news that I'll be sharing soon!

3. Caught up with some girlfriends over Prosecco and Truffle Oil Flatbread at Vero Midtown midweek and at Five Points for some Hot Chocolate and Churros for Sunday Brunch.

4. Visited puppies and kittens at an adoption drive- a suggestion by the boyfriend (who doesn't even love puppies!) after a frustrating afternoon (and no mom, I'm not getting one).

5. Scored $10 tickets to the Ballet. (seriously, if you live in NYC and don't use HowAboutWe, you're missing out)

6. Learned how to make Tofu in an effort to clean up my eating. And by 'make' I mean drain Tofu, cover with Trader Joe's Soyaki Sauce, and bake for 30 minutes for an easy addition to Stir-Fry.

7. Got a new winter coat on major clearance. Originally priced at $375, it was all mine for just $69. That also means that spring must be right around the corner!

8. Started reading a fascinating new book, Salt, Sugar, Fat: How The Food Giants Hooked Us. You probably read the excerpt in the NY Times a few weeks ago, but do yourself a favor and pick up a copy of the book. 

9. Convinced two friends to sign up for the Hamptons 1/2 Marathon in September. I've been signed up since December? January? because I didn't want it to sell out- it tends to be a very popular race, especially in my industry (media/advertising). When everyone starts to think about the race this summer, we'll already have our bibs secured. 

10. Decided to splurge and booked a blow out appointment at DryBar for a friend's wedding this upcoming weekend. (Fact: the first time I got a blow out, I was going to visit my boyfriend in California. I hadn't seen him in a month and I wanted to look as fresh as possible after an 8 hour workday + 6 hour flight. For the first time in our relationship, he complemented me on my hair when I walked off the plane. Price = worth it.)

Soo.... lots of good stuff I should be focused on instead of moping around! Fingers crossed for the report from the doctor tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment