Tuesday, July 9, 2013

1 Mile!!

... but not in running. Finally worked my way up to a mile swimming... which just about kills me. Last night I swam a mile in 37 minutes. Compared to my running pace, and I'd already have a little over 4 miles covered.

SIGH.

But I am making progress- when I started swimming I could barely swim two lengths (laps would be from there and back, so I technically could only swim one 'lap') without stopping, and now I'm up to about ten. Baby steps.

And speaking of baby steps... I ran today for the 1st time since March 10th. Just for 30 seconds at a time, and only 0.5 miles heavily supervised by my physical therapist, but man it felt good. I haven't felt this optimistic since... oh, March 10th? :)

Maybe I'll pick this blog up again since, you know, I may actually be running again sometime soon!

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy you were able to run again. Hope you stay injury free. LUMI Mom

    ReplyDelete