Sunday, October 6, 2013

Sunday Long Run

What's a long run? Before getting injured, a Sunday long run was typically 10+ miles. Now, as I start again at zero, it's hard not to 'compete' with myself and think about what I used to be able to run without breaking a (proverbial) sweat.

But as I was out on my run this morning-- the longest since March-- I decided that I needed to start being excited about my current long runs and my progress back to health. So I'll be posting details of my long runs every week... because mileage is all relative ;)


Today's long run... 2.6 miles! I've been sticking to the reservoir since it's nice and flat, but today I had brunch plans on the west side, and what better way to work up an appetite but to run there? It was a little drizzly, a lot humid, and by the end of the run I was sucking wind. I blame the overzealous pace on Grete's Great Gallop--- I was running counter-clockwise to the race, and my competitive spirit flared up! But happy to report that I didn't feel any pain, just a little discomfort at the end of the run. I have been getting little 'twinges' of pain/discomfort after every run, but after stretching, foam rolling, and attacking my hip/glutes with a lacrosse ball, the pain disappears. 

Running was followed by a large biscuit at Jacob's Pickles... which was totally not necessarily after a 2.6 mile run, but definitely yummy ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment